PC Killing Any/Every HDD Installed

JSterlingH

Honorable
May 29, 2012
So I need some major help as I can not figure out what is going on. Last week I received a new GPU, PSU, SDD, and HDD that I installed. When I installed the storage, I put the new SDD where the old HDD was in the case, and moved the old and new HDD under both the existing SDD's. Though as far as I can tell both of the HDD's died for some reason. I have tried them in other PCs as well and I cannot get them to be recognized. Today, I received my new HDD and installed it and my PC will not recognize it, even it I replace it with a current working SDD to ensure all the cables are working properly.

I am completely at a loss as to what is happening. It is seeming like my PC is just instantly killing any HDD I install. Does anyone have any idea what the heck is going on? The original HDD was a 1TB Seagate, the original new one was a 2TB WD Green, and the HDD today was a 5TB WD Black. Both of the SDD's are Samsung, one EVO and one PRO. I really need help here as I can not figure out what is happening and cannot afford to go through 20 HDD's before finding the problem.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital WD Green 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive (DEAD)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (DEAD)
Storage: Western Digital WD Black 5TB 3.5" 7200RMP Internal Hard Drive (PRESUMED DEAD)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W (80 Plus Platinum)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10

JSterlingH

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I have updated with PC information. I am unable to understand a problem with the PSU or Motherboard when there has been no problem with either of my SSDs, just the HDDs.

SBMfromLA

Distinguished

Here is one question I have. All those HDDs you had problems with... when you installed them.. did you use the same exact data and power cables with the new drives? If you did it's highly probably the problem originates from those wires.

JSterlingH

Honorable
May 29, 2012

I believe I did yes, but I cannot be positive on the first two; however, outside of the connector, the actual wiring from the PSU that I used to connect the HDDs is also connected to the SSDs with no problems. Can a single connector be faulty rather than the entire cable? Checking in the BIOS all the voltages are within normal range, so I know it is not specifically the PSU nor the single cable.