PC lag and stutter even in offline gaming

viator97

Reputable
May 3, 2014
i have had my pc for 5 months, it used to run fine but now it lags and stutters to the point i cant play online or offline. i am only using medium settings and i try low and its still the same, i used to be able to play high. all the drivers are up to date.

8gb RAM
windows 7
amd A8 processor
radion HD 7700
700w power supply

please can you help me i have asked before but no one helped me :(

Solution

Well at least it's spinning... Can you hear the noise from it while gaming?

viator97

Reputable
May 3, 2014

Also sorry its so late, my internet has been playing up so i couldnt download HWMonitor but hey better late than never :)

Well it seems like your CPU temps are skyrocketing (93C is way too high for a CPU). Are you using the stock cooler?

Here are the steps you need to take:
1. Open up your PC while it's running and see if the fan on the CPU cooler is spinning. If not, that's your problem right there.
2. Turn off your PC and blow some dust out of it with a can of compressed air.
3. If there's no change, take off your CPU cooler, wipe off all of the old thermal paste (q-tips soaked in 99% isopropyl alcohol are really good for this), reapply some new thermal paste and put the cooler back in its original place.

viator97

Reputable
May 3, 2014

it is spinning but i have no idia if its spinning fast enough.

Well at least it's spinning... Can you hear the noise from it while gaming?

Solution

viator97

Reputable
May 3, 2014

think i found my problem, my pc was too close to my wall... so the fan on the back was only recieving hot expended air. cheers though for the help and advice! :)

Latest posts