Question PC lag during gaming even though I cover requirements

Mar 24, 2020
I decided to do some gaming during the quarantine time. So I purchased Injustice 2 and The Division 2. My PC build covers the requirements for both of the games and I have tested it on systemrequirementslab.com. My build is -
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz,
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
RAM: 16 GB
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W
MB: Asus Z170 Pro-Gaming

I seem to experience fps drops( to 20-30 even 15fps) occasionally which makes the game lag/stutter for a brief short period during both of the games especially Injustice 2 even though it has lower requriements. The Division 2 seems to run smoother most of the time. The fps drop occurs when something drastic/quick happens during the game - a character moves extremely fast, an explosion, during cut scenes and sometimes when i walk normally. I have the latest drivers installed through GeForce Experience and I close down all background programs during gaming to not load the CPU with extra stuff. My case is very clean and the airflow and temp levels are stable.

Diddly

Distinguished
If you run gpu-z, take a look at the "bus interface" section it should hopefully say "PCIe x 16 3.0" then after the @ it will say what the current mode is. Click on the "?" next to that and then the render test window will appear. Start the render test and the text after the @ should update to match the above text. It may ask you to download the dx9 files it needs to run the test. go ahead and download/install them.

Mar 24, 2020
If you run gpu-z, take a look at the "bus interface" section it should hopefully say "PCIe x 16 3.0" then after the @ it will say what the current mode is. Click on the "?" next to that and then the render test window will appear. Start the render test and the text after the @ should update to match the above text. It may ask you to download the dx9 files it needs to run the test. go ahead and download/install them.

I followed all your steps. The "Bus Interface" said "PCIe x 16.3 @ 16.3" from the start but I ran the test anyway and it took forever so I stopped it manually. While doing the test I checked bus interface load it was around 40% , not sure if that is of any importance. Tried out the game again same issues. Especially during cutscenes on Injustice 2 there were fps drops to 20 fps again. Very frustrating situation to be in considering the rig is supposed to perform extremely well on those games.

TRENDING THREADS