Question PC Lag when Alt-Tab out of game

Jan 19, 2019
Hello, New guy here.
I've been having this problem for as long as I can think. When ever I alt-tab out of a game (any game) my whole system starts lagging. Its for games in Fullscreen, Windows, and Windowed Borderless. I have no idea what the cause could be besides a memory leak. Anyone have any idea of how I can fix this issue?

Games this effects: Paladins, Overwatch, Heros of the Storm, Cities: Skylines, CSGO, The Cycle, Garrys Mod, Payday 2, Project Cars 2, Rocket League, Tabletop Sim, Apex, Fortnite, Minecraft, Roblox, Sims 4

CPU: AMD Fx-8320e
Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
Ram: 32gb DDr3 total (8gbx2 Corsair Vengeance, 8gbx2 of random)
SSD/HDD: 3 WD Blue 1Tb
GPU: GTX 950
PSU: Cougar GXF650 650W

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To add, mention the make and model of your PSU, not just the wattage. YOu will also need to include the titles you're trying to tax the system with and please don't include an etc at the end of this sentence.

Are you on the latest drivers for your GPU?

Jan 19, 2019
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To add, mention the make and model of your PSU, not just the wattage. YOu will also need to include the titles you're trying to tax the system with and please don't include an etc at the end of this sentence.

Are you on the latest drivers for your GPU?
Thanks for the tip on what else to add to my post! I just added them all. And yes, I am on the latest installs on my GPU drivers