PC Lagging And Crashing

Co187Um

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hello!

recently my PC has been lagging a lot, from Steam games to Itunes and Google..

Before an app crashes I experience a lot of lag, and sometimes I get a notification telling me that my drivers have crashed.
I have my drivers fully updated.

I thought that it could be my PC over heating and causing it to crash, I replaced the CPU cooling radiator grill(?) with a bigger one and clipped two fans onto it and added 5 more fans to direct air flow better. (Though I think they are the wrong way around). At least my PC is silent...

The voltages are all correct.

I don't know much about computers..

Info:

Windows 7 64 Bit

8 GB Ram (Replaced 1 year ago)

AMD 8350 Eight Core Processor 4.00 GHz (Replaced 1 year ago)

Asus M5A97 R2.0 Motherboard (Replaced 1 year ago)

Antec 620 High Current Gamer Power brick thing (Had for 4 Years)

GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost (Had for 4 Years)

Two 2 TB Hard drives and a 200 GB SSD

Dvd player?

I have found my old ram sticks I think they are both 4GB each. If I add them along with the existing ones, that could improve something right?

PC

zZudN8V.jpg

Co187Um

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
Hello. I have added the two ram sticks and done a virus scan, things were fine.
I have replaced my graphics card with a GeForce GTX 1080 oc edition, I have installed the drivers from the disc provided. After that, on startup I get the blue screen And sometimes it freezes, also happens in safe mode.

Co187Um

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016

Hello!!, I have not got a new PSU yet, but I decided to do another PC scan, a full one this time and Norton found one of those funky trojan things and they are the causes of crashes... What I heard. No longer shuts down/crashes on startup and blue screen.

Still getting issues on games, crashing to desktop and freezing. I think it could be a problem with something in the graphics area... I have always been experiencing game crashing, never really done anything about it... Just went on to console.

A year ago when I bought an old game (Bully) which is only compatible in 32 bit unless you don't want to see walls and floors, could be the problem but I have no idea how to find that program I used.
The icon is a light blue square made of smaller squares. Might have Re or something in it.
If you know that would be great.

Thank you again.