Question PC Lagging and Freezing in Games

Gajamabe

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2016
Hey guys, I have had this issue for ages now and I have been searching for ages but I can't find anything to fix it. When I am playing games sometimes I will have decent fps and then it drops to like 10 or 20 or something and in loads of games it just completely freezes for a few seconds. I do want to mention that I know the CPU is pretty old and I plan to upgrade my CPU and RAM in the future but I don't think I should be lagging as much as I am. If there is any other info such as specs you need to know just let me know.

SPECS:
-AMD FX 6300
-RX 580 8GB
-16GB 200MHx Ram

Hey guys, I have had this issue for ages now and I have been searching for ages but I can't find anything to fix it. When I am playing games sometimes I will have decent fps and then it drops to like 10 or 20 or something and in loads of games it just completely freezes for a few seconds. I do want to mention that I know the CPU is pretty old and I plan to upgrade my CPU and RAM in the future but I don't think I should be lagging as much as I am. If there is any other info such as specs you need to know just let me know.

SPECS:
-AMD FX 6300
-RX 580 8GB
-16GB 200MHx Ram
Games played, settings and res used, MB, PSU, Case, OS and build version, is RAM 1 stick or 2 in dual channel (latter is best)?