PC lags for no apparent reason

orobica96x

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Hey guys, i would like to point out that I'm posting in the "Graphics card" section cause i believe my issue it's graphics card related and not related to other components (i'll explain it in a second why)...
Anyway, in the last period of time i started noticing rather long periods of lag mainly while gaming (playing Overwatch). The first time it happened i kinda got confused about it as it lasted for a good minute and the fps counter (both in-game and from GeForce Experience) oddly were counting 60 frames while in reality they were around 15-20. At first i thought it was Firefox that somehow was eating up my ram so i closed it aaand nothing really changed for another 30-ish seconds during which i was looking in task manager how my resources were and turns out everything seemed fine, so i went back in game and found out everything was back normal (completely fluid).
So i decided to keep AIDA 64 running 24/7, clearing my graphs and statistics every day to see if there was any sort of issue with voltages / cpu usage / clocks etc.. The next time it happened turns out, that there's nothing wrong with resources, ram it's around 50-60%, CPU around 40-60%, voltages sliiiightly off but steady, so i opened EVGA Precision X to check GPU clocks aaand turns out that while the game was lagging the graphics card clock were kinda all around the places, from 960mhz to 1500-ish while the base clock was set to 1200mhz and the boost clock to 1400mhz, once it got back between the two the game started to lag less 'till it got back to normal..
I seriously dont know what the reason of those lags is, i even tried to update my graphics card drivers multiple times in the past days as i thought it might've been a "bad driver" as nvidia released another one a couple days after but.. nothing really changed.
Any suggestion?

Pc specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2ghz
MOBO: Asus B350-Plus
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gb ( CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 )
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950 (EVGA)
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 S 700

AIDA 64 Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/qNuGc

Solution

If your temps are normal then really don't know what could be causing it :/
I guess you could just use Precisions Kboost while gaming to lock the gpu at it's max speed.

If your temps are normal then really don't know what could be causing it :/
I guess you could just use Precisions Kboost while gaming to lock the gpu at it's max speed.

Solution