[SOLVED] PC lags when moving mouse

Apr 29, 2021
Hello
I have this really annoying issue
The issue is this : when moving my mouse , my PC lags , the cursor will jump around rather than move fluidly across the screen . If a video is playing , the audio will make annoying screeching sounds and and the video will chop

I've tried to spot if a process is causing the issue in Task Manager , but I had no success , everything looks to run perfectly

All my drivers are up to date

My PC specs are :
CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600x
GPU : gtx 1050 ti
RAM : 1x8gb ram hyperx fury black 2400 mhz and 1x4gb ram hyperx fury black 2400 mhz
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 2tb
SSD : Kingston A400 240gb
PSU : Segotep ATX-500WH

Please , help me , I'm desperate

Solution
Hello , I had this problem for about 2 to 3 weeks now , I tried absolutely everything , but today , I managed to find what the issue was , I got this app , LatencyMon , and when this issue started to happen , I quickly opened the app and found out that the issue was because of Storport.sys , I went on google and downloaded the dll and the issue didn't appear yet , I hope it's gone , and I think it's gone
I want to thank you keith for dedicating your time in helping me
Apr 29, 2021
I guess it could be a hardware conflict. Have you tried removing-re-installing the mouse software/drivers?

Also, if your mouse allows change the polling rate and see if that helps.

Yes , I tried reinstalling the mouse software and changing the polling rate didn't do anything related to the problem

Apr 29, 2021
Hello , I had this problem for about 2 to 3 weeks now , I tried absolutely everything , but today , I managed to find what the issue was , I got this app , LatencyMon , and when this issue started to happen , I quickly opened the app and found out that the issue was because of Storport.sys , I went on google and downloaded the dll and the issue didn't appear yet , I hope it's gone , and I think it's gone

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Solution

That's great! I'm delighted you got to the answer. No probs at all. Happy to have offered some help. Good luck, and happy gaming! :)