Question PC lags while online gaming ?

Oct 14, 2021
So I just recently built a pc about a month ago, everything seemed fine for a few days but then I started getting this unexplainable lag. I’ll either lag for about 5-10 seconds where everything will freeze and either catch back up after the lag is over I’ll completely time out/lose connection to the online session that I’ll be in. My game doesn’t crash, my internet speed is good, got a new modem and Ethernet cord, nothing is overheating, I’ve called my internet provider and they restarted it on their end and that didn’t do anything, pc runs the same with or without the motherboard drivers, no corrupted M.2 slots or sticks or memory, no viruses, already restarted the modem several times, plenty of power supply, updated drivers and windows, I only use my pc for gaming so I don’t have tons of programs running just discord mainly. And everything was fine on my old pc. I’m thinking it’s a software issue but hopefully not a hardware issue. Here’s how I think of it and why I’ve tried everything I can think of and I’m still lost. It’s like everything runs perfect, but I lag.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
So I just recently built a pc about a month ago, everything seemed fine for a few days but then I started getting this unexplainable lag. I’ll either lag for about 5-10 seconds where everything will freeze and either catch back up after the lag is over I’ll completely time out/lose connection to the online session that I’ll be in. My game doesn’t crash, my internet speed is good, got a new modem and Ethernet cord, nothing is overheating, I’ve called my internet provider and they restarted it on their end and that didn’t do anything, pc runs the same with or without the motherboard drivers, no corrupted M.2 slots or sticks or memory, no viruses, already restarted the modem several times, plenty of power supply, updated drivers and windows, I only use my pc for gaming so I don’t have tons of programs running just discord mainly. And everything was fine on my old pc. I’m thinking it’s a software issue but hopefully not a hardware issue. Here’s how I think of it and why I’ve tried everything I can think of and I’m still lost. It’s like everything runs perfect, but I lag.
Did you do a fresh install of windows with the new PC?

Oct 14, 2021
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd usage?
GPU: EVGA 3060XC 12GB GDDR6
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core
SSD: (x2) Samsung 970 evo plus 1TB M.2
RAM: Corsair vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 4x8GB 3600MHz
PSU: Corsair HX 850w 80+ gold
Motherboard: ASUS Rog Strix B450-F Gaming II
Temp: below 60 Celsius for CPU and GPU
Usage: normal I guess