PC Large Single Stutter

Aug 6, 2018
I built a high performance PC, roughly a year ago, and for awhile now its been doing a random stutter.

This stutter is always 1 single stutter. No more than one, ever. Always 1 and then it goes back to normal.

This happens at what appears to be random moments when I play CSGO, Dota 2, and recently SC2, can't remember it happening in other games. I've been fairly lazy about fixing it, since It doesn't really bother me that much, but in SC2, which I got back into fairly recently, the stutter is especially prolonged, about 3 seconds, and that can be a big deal in that game.

I run max settings on all those games and all others I play, since I have a 1080ti and have never had issues getting 60fps.

Any Idea as to what is causing it, or what I can do to troubleshoot what is causing it?

Also, the stutter doesn't necessarily come at moments where theres a lot of stuff happening on the screen, there are times where a game has just started in Dota and I'm just walking into lane and I get it.

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
Use any software to monitor temps / usage and investigate what it looks like when you have the big stutter. Perhaps you will see a thermal spike or a big jump in usage. That should help isolate your problem.

A few things come to mind - Which H.disk are you running your games from? Do you have any background processes running, perhaps something that may access a spindle drive? That may cause a stutter.

Aug 6, 2018

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Rinayne/saved/

Heres the full list of the parts I have, although for the RAM, I actually ended up going with 4 4gb sticks.

Aug 6, 2018

No, the game is on the SSD, I used the task manager though when I was playing SC2 and had it on my 2nd monitor, and I noticed that when the stutter occurred, my GPU dropped all the way down to 0 %, specifically the 3D graph on the task manager.

Aug 6, 2018

After finding out the GPU keeps dropping all the way down to 0%, I've been searching around looking at people dealing with that specific issue, and that seems to be whats wrong for quite a few people. Is there a power supply you personally would recommend?

Aug 6, 2018

Alright, I'l try it after I make sure it isn't a few other things, much appreciated.