Question Pc Less Performance After A Few Weeks

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
Keep it to 1 thread
Recently Upgraded PC Lower Performance?

Hi,I recently upgraded my Pc and everything was great,in the past few weeks I’ve noticed a decrease in performance,is this possible?ive been getting a lot more stutters than when I first used it after the upgrade.

specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Gtx 1060
16gb 3200

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
It's certainly possible, for any number of reasons including thermals, drivers, windows updates, new software, changes to game settings (including involuntary ones caused by software like Geforce Experience). Software/configuration issues are more likely than hardware faults.

Could you post the full spec of your PC?

What components were part of the upgrade and what was in place before?

Always a good idea to rule out thermals. Download something like MSI Afterburner, HWinfo, or Realtemp, and monitor the CPU and GPU temperatures and frequencies when under gaming load, especially - both when the gaming is fine and when you get the bad stutter?

What are the exact problems that you have? Framerate is lower? Or generally the same, but with more spiky drops? In what games? Or not in games?

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
It's certainly possible, for any number of reasons including thermals, drivers, windows updates, new software, changes to game settings (including involuntary ones caused by software like Geforce Experience). Software/configuration issues are more likely than hardware faults.

Could you post the full spec of your PC?

What components were part of the upgrade and what was in place before?

Always a good idea to rule out thermals. Download something like MSI Afterburner, HWinfo, or Realtemp, and monitor the CPU and GPU temperatures and frequencies when under gaming load, especially - both when the gaming is fine and when you get the bad stutter?

What are the exact problems that you have? Framerate is lower? Or generally the same, but with more spiky drops? In what games? Or not in games?
Full specs:
ryzen 5 3600x
16gb 3200mhz
600watt psu
1tb nvme
b450 tomahawk max

I also did forget to mention that I noticed the lower performance started when I left my pc to go eat and I came back and I was on the login screen,I believe this was a windows update.

What should normal gaming temps be?Also would thermals be considered a issue, this is because the pc had good performance when I first upgraded it.

The problems I have is that the frame rate is lower, more stutters, ive Noticed less performance in every game,and in other programs like discord I’ve seen stutters

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
What should normal gaming temps be?
That depends on a lot of things. it's easier to say when temps are too high.

I also did forget to mention that I noticed the lower performance started when I left my pc to go eat and I came back and I was on the login screen,I believe this was a windows update.
Run DDU
https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
and perform a clean install of the latest Nvidia drivers.

If you get no joy, do the things mentioned above and let us know.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
It's always worrisome when specifics are left out when listing the most important part of the PC. If you have a junky power supply in there, then remedying that situation is the more urgent matter.

There's a reason that when the mechanic fixes your car's acceleration problems, they also check the brakes for wear.
600watt Evga bronze 80+ I believe

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
The stock cooler is adequate - while an OC on the GPU would produce a bit more heat, it wouldn't explain the score halving.

Run timespy with the MSI afterburner on screen display active,
https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...msi-afterburner-on-screen-display-using-rtss/
and showing frequencies for all 6 cores. See what happens on the CPU test to the frequencies.

You'd expect frequencies in the region of 4000MHz, give or take.