Question Pc Less Performance After A Few Weeks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
Keep it to 1 thread
Recently Upgraded PC Lower Performance?

Hi,I recently upgraded my Pc and everything was great,in the past few weeks I’ve noticed a decrease in performance,is this possible?ive been getting a lot more stutters than when I first used it after the upgrade.

specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Gtx 1060
16gb 3200

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
The stock cooler is adequate - while an OC on the GPU would produce a bit more heat, it wouldn't explain the score halving.

Run timespy with the MSI afterburner on screen display active,
https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...msi-afterburner-on-screen-display-using-rtss/
and showing frequencies for all 6 cores. See what happens on the CPU test to the frequencies.

You'd expect frequencies in the region of 4000MHz, give or take.
What do you mean regarding the stock cooler?

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
The stock cooler is fine for cooling the CPU.

It is unlikely the GPU's overclock is causing extreme thermal throttling to the point that the CPU is massively dropping frequencies because of the extra heat in the system.

I don't know why the GPU OC is apparently causing the CPU to lower performance, but I'm saying I doubt it is thermal throttling.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
The stock cooler is fine for cooling the CPU.

It is unlikely the GPU's overclock is causing extreme thermal throttling to the point that the CPU is massively dropping frequencies because of the extra heat in the system.

I don't know why the GPU OC is apparently causing the CPU to lower performance, but I'm saying I doubt it is thermal throttling.
My gpu isn’t overclocked wym

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
Does anyone know why I’m seeing more stutters in my games and less FPS?Ive reinstalled drivers,checked thermals, and installed recent windows update

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Gtx 1060 6gb
16gb 3200mhz
B450 tomahawk max
600 watt evga psu

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
Does anyone know why I’m seeing more stutters in my games and less FPS?Ive reinstalled drivers,checked thermals, and installed recent windows update

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600x
Gtx 1060 6gb
16gb 3200mhz
B450 tomahawk max
600 watt evga psu