[SOLVED] Pc lights turn on but nothing appears on screen after installing new cpu. Gpu fans also stutter

Jan 31, 2021
I was upgrading from a ryzen 5 1400 to a ryzen 5 3600 that my parents bought me and when i turned on my pc all the lights came on but nothing displayed on my monitor, i also noticed the fans on my gpu were stuttering on startup and it never did that before. The first trouble shoot I did was putting back in my old cpu back in to see if everything still worked and the pc turned on like normal and ran games like normal. After some searching i decided that maybe my psu was faulty or just wasn't putting out enough power so i bought a new 850 watt psu (for future upgrades too) and then retried installing the ryzen 5 3600 and the same thing happened. At this point I was frustrated and brainstormed a bunch of things I can do to troubleshoot, unplugged all my ram except for one, updated my bios, took my graphics card out and put it back in, and now i'm considering upgrading my mobo. Please keep in mind that this is the first and only pc ive ever built so sorry if im making some stupid mistakes, with that being said im always open to advice and thanks in advance.

Specs:
ryzen 5 1400(old) ryzen 5 3600(new)
EVGA Geforce gtx 1050ti
Msi x470 gaming plus
Corsair cx450x psu(old) Corsair RM850x psu(new)
4 sticks of viper 4 3000mhz 4gb
Windows 10 64bit

Jan 31, 2021
Your motherbd needs to be at least to version AA of the bios to run the 3600
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X470-GAMING-PLUS#support-cpu

Put in the old CPU and if it still works then that's probably what the issue is.

You can get the Bios from the downloads section of that same page.
I used an msg auto updaye thingy toupdate my bios drivers and I thought that would fix the issue of it being incompatible with 3rd gen ryzen but I’m willing to try this it’s just that I don’t know how to install the latest version of the AA. If you could reply to this and tell me how it’d be a great help.