Question PC locked To 144hz from 240 from after opening Apex Legends

Snoupii

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
I have a 240hz monitor (XL2546) and it works perfectly with every game, and windows. However, if I open Apex Legends, it resets to 144hz and I can't change it back until I restart my PC. A similar problem happened on my 144hz as well, but it would go from 144 to 120 instead.
I'm using a displayport cable. I also can't go below 144, if I select any refresh rate, my monitor goes black for a moment, then comes back with no change to the refresh rate from 144hz. Also, when I change the resolution it will stay until I click something, then it will go black, and reset to 1920x1080 144hz.

Last edited:

Snoupii

Prominent
Oct 20, 2019
If you're playing in fullscreen mode, you need to use the FPS/refresh setting ingame to control the display mode, if there is a setting for it. If not, then the game doesn't support higher refresh rates in fullscreen mode.
Other players find success using -refresh 240 to do this but it doesn't do anything to fix my problem. My pc still gets locked to 144hz even if I switch to a game after launching Apex that supports higher refresh rates. I also can't use borderless windows, it just zooms in to the top left corner of my game and maximizes that.