[SOLVED] PC locking up/freezing

deplextv

Prominent
Oct 24, 2018
So my question is, what could be the reason behing the slight lock up/freezing issues im getting.

I have already replaced ram, psu, hdd. Ive had two cpus one am3/testing one, am3+ one im currently using and i had lock ups on both of them, also i have bought new mobo. So basicly ive tried everything, and replaced everything. GPU aswell, i forgot about that part. And im still getting freezes, and lock ups.

SPECS:
550W psu, its a off brand psu, nothing special.
CPU: FX 8350
GPU: Radeon R7 260x
RAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 2x8gb

It would be great if someone had simular issue, and knows the solution. Cause i have never seen problem like this, especially cause theres no patern involved. It can lock up/freeze at any given time. Btw im running fresh install of windows aswell, got a lock up 10 minutes into a session.

Solution
Can be cause of it. Can you try a different psu? maybe from a friend or local pc shop.

Good ventilated case? Maybe vrm gets hot when using low end motherboard.

can give specs like this,

Ive just seen the reply. And thank you for having time to answer it. For some reason i found the solution to my problem by switching an option in bios regarding HDD. I forgot wich exact option, but it was regarding IDE and switching that option to SATA g/b or something along those lines(Not IDE to AHCI option)

And turning off PCI Express in windows power options.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
S

SPECS:
550W psu, its a off brand psu, nothing special.
Can be cause of it. Can you try a different psu? maybe from a friend or local pc shop.

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

deplextv

Prominent
Oct 24, 2018

Ive just seen the reply. And thank you for having time to answer it. For some reason i found the solution to my problem by switching an option in bios regarding HDD. I forgot wich exact option, but it was regarding IDE and switching that option to SATA g/b or something along those lines(Not IDE to AHCI option)

And turning off PCI Express in windows power options.

Reactions: Vic 40
Solution