Question PC locks up totally. Help please!

Dec 6, 2020
Hello

I've recenlty purchased new mobo, cpu and ram, specs are below:

i5 10400f - brand new
Gigabye b460m ds3h - brand new
Gskill aegis 2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz - brand new
Gtx 1070 EVGA
Thermaltake smart 630w modular - bout 5 years old
3x Kingston ssd (240 system, 240 files, 480 games)

Only issue I had on old bulid was that when I shut down my computer it instantly turns on by itself, it would happen every 4th time.

Right now I have issues with new build where pc totally freezes randomly (can happen once in 5 days, or 3 times in 1 day). 90% of a time it happens when im AFK. I'm playing cod warzone, I use to play 5-6 hrs contionous and no freezing happens

What I've tried so far:

Changed power plan to high performance
Did memtest
Installed win 10 fresh install 2 times
Changed sata cables
Flashed bios to latest version

Also when I built everything together, it didnt wanted to give picture via displayport cable, I had to change bios to UEFI, VGA gives picture with no issues if not uefi.

Any ideas? Getting really desperate here
Run test on ssd's

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would've suggested that you disable Deep Sleep state in BIOS but then I read this,
That PSU deserves to be chucked into the trash. A brand new unit is the same.

Buy a reliably built PSU like Seasonic and one with at least 650W of power at your system's disposal.

Dec 6, 2020
So you're pretty positive that it's a PSU issue?

I was thinking the same, cause it's a low possibility that brand new components would cause isssues.

EDIT: I'm running 6 coolers on my case too

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would've suggested that you disable Deep Sleep state in BIOS but then I read this,
That PSU deserves to be chucked into the trash. A brand new unit is the same.

Buy a reliably built PSU like Seasonic and one with at least 650W of power at your system's disposal.

Hello,

I just tested with my buddy's almost brand new Coolermaster 750w, PC still freezing?

I noticed that it only freezes after I power it on 1st time in the morning, then I have to force shutdown on the button - reset button is not working when it freezes only holding the shutdown button.

Any further ideas, I'm going crazy with this build, could it be new mobo, cpu or ram?