Question PC looses connection to monitor randomly

May 9, 2022
Hi,

I am not sure, is GPU forum is correct place, maybe it relates to Windows OS or drivers, but...

The problem is pretty weird - my PC starts to loose the connection with monitor. It's pretty new PC with Nvidia RTX 3050 installed together with integrated UHD 730. It started about 2 days ago, absolutely randomnly - sometimes just after PC turning on, sometimes hours after. The only what helps - reboot.
When it happened 1st time I assumed it's something with the Display Port cable or with the monitor, but it isn't - I tried different cable, reset monitor params, etc. Same monitor works as expected if I connect my laptop to it. I also tried to connect monitor to integrated GPU Display Port but no results.

After that I tried fresh GPU drivers install after DDU cleanup. Unfortunately that didn't help. I have no ideas what can it be.
I have MSI Mortar B560M motherboard and after i installed Nvidis GPU it turned off the integrated GPU automatically. Some months ago I had a problem with PC random reboot, and tried to change the bios settings according to guides I found. One of the points was to turn on integrated GPU. I didn it together with some other changes and that old problem has gone. I think that was about Memery profiles I switched on accidentaly, not likely it was about GPU. Anyway, if it would be connected somehow, I would experience monitor connection lost issue just after these changes made.

Please let me know your thoughts... Really annoying.

Is there any tools I can diognose this problem? For example monitor drivers status change and record it to the logs and check after issue happens again?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're on Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you working with? Where did you source the installer for the OS? As for your system, you've given us partial info about your build. Please list the specs to your build like so;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Include the make and model of your PSU apart from it's make and model as well. What BIOS version are you working with at the time of writing?

Moved thread from Graphics Card section to Systems section

May 9, 2022
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
Motherboard: MSI Mortar B560M WiFi
Ram: 2x8GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast
SSD/HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500gb (NVMe, system installed), Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250gb
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3050 8GB, iGPU Intel UHD 730
PSU: COOLER MASTER MWE 550 BRONZE V2 550W 80+ BRONZE
Chassis: DEEPCOOL MATREXX 40 3FS m-ATX
OS: Windows 11 Pro. I used the image from official Microsoft website, but I didn't activate it yet.
Monitor: LG 27UL600-W (4k)

Just tried disable iVGA in BIOS (PEG, disable multiple monitors) but just after Windows boot get the issue again.

UPDATE
Yesterday I had this issue several times in the row. Most of the time (about 6 of 7) it happened after game start.
I tried to connect monitor to integrated VGA, and after reboot never had this issue. Opened the PC, removed and set back external VGA, reset BIOS, reinstalled drivers again but still had this issue. Interesting fact that when I detach power cable (6+2) from external VGA while PC was turned on, re-attaching didn't affect anything. The symptoms looks similar - if external VGA lost power, even integrated VGA doesn't work after that, only after reboot. I also found that it was pretty easy to make external VGA loose the power just shaking the connector a little bit.

Really not sure how this may help, but maybe there is some issue with a PSU which doesn't give enough power to the external VGA? If so, is there any way to diagnose it?

One more note probably important to mention - sometimes games are lagging (even some light games) while FPS overaly show 60+ FPS. this happens randomly as well.

UPDATE
Today I started to receive the error messages from specific software I saw many times before, but which has gone for the last weeks. Maybe this somehow relates as well.
screenshot

Last edited: