Question PC loses display (randomly?)

Jun 27, 2021
Issue:

My PC randomly loses signal on both my HDMI and DP monitors, almost like it shut down instantly. Except the fans keep running and the LED on the power button stays on. After I click the restart button on my case, it restarts normally, except continues to instantly crash/lose display signal after booting usually like 2-3 times before it finally turns on and starts working until it randomly crashes again, can be a few days or a few hours. When I boot from normal shut down, it hasn't crashed once, but when I boot after a crash, it's never started working on the first try.

I'm not really sure what it could be, so I'll list my components and what I touched since this started;

Components:

PSU: Corsair RMx 850W (couple months old)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 3000 mhz (running XMP for the last ~2 years)
Mobo: Asrock b450m pro4 (~2 years old)
GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 (couple months old)
CPU: 5 2600 (set it to 1.4V, 4100 mhz June 17th ~2 days before crashing)
7 Noctua NF-P12 redux 1700 PWM fans (one on a hyper 212 evo)
And using a Corsair Commander Pro as PWM fan hub, which plugs into 7 pin USB header

What I've touched since it started:

On June 17th, I set the 5 2600 to 1.4V 4100 mhz as I'm expecting a 3070 ti soon. That ran without issues for a couple days.

On June 19th, I received my 7 Noctua NF-P12 fans, replaced my 6 Corsail QL 140 fans and the stock fan on the Hyper 212 evo.

That required removing the GPU temporarily.

During the switch I did drop my Commander Pro, and it was hanging off the table for a few seconds.
Not sure if that could've potentially bent some pins in the USB header on the Mobo and if that could cause the crashes or not.

I also closed the back of my case - terrible cable management, required brute forcing it pretty aggressively, but it closed eventually. I took it off after the first crash though. Thought that could have something to do with it.

And I updated my GPU drivers to 466.77

Other than that, nothing's changed.

Some of the times it's happened:

Went to bed after that, and first crash happened evening of June 20th.

Couple days ago it crashed about 30 minutes into playing a VR game.

Today like 5 times in a row when I tried to load World War Z, in the menu. After crashing a bunch of times (each of those 5 crashes requires like 3 restarts with crashes before I can even load into the menu) - I was able to play for hours, then I played Cyberpunk 2077 for hours as well without crashes.

I also ran Heaven and userbenchmark for ages, temps never go above about 60ish on both GPU and CPU, and no crashes from the load...

Any ideas on what it could be? Unfortunately, I don't have an extra PSU/GPU/Mobo to test each seperately.