Jan 3, 2022
Hello Good People, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
A couple of days ago my PC start to lose signal while gaming and acting strange.
The only thing I can do when it occurs is to restart or sometimes I need to turn the power switch back on my PSU then it powers ON,
and this is happening randomly sometimes after 5-6h of gameplay sometimes sooner sometimes later but it's frequent.

This is my system:
Intel Core i7 7700k 4.5ghz
Asus Prime Z270-a
CM Hyper 212 EVO
16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2666mhz non OC-ed
Gainward 1070 8GB GS
CM Masterwatt 650w
Kingston nvme 480GB
Seagate 4TB HDD
Samsung 32" 144hz curved panel,(1-Year-old).

So, the things a tried to solve this strange behavior are:

• Changed different GPU Asus 1060 6GB same problem after some time
  • Changed to brand new PSU Corsair CX750F RGB same problem persist
  • Changed memory to Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2666mhz also same results.

When the PC turns on it passes FUR MARK and Unigene Heaven without problems, temps under load 50c, CPU temps under load don't go over 70c never.

All Drivers are fresh, OS is Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version,(19042.1415 Build)

Today I switched from factory DP cable honestly looks like a crap, now I'm on the new HDMI cable trying it out(Update same with another cable).

The only thing left is Mobo, so if anyone can help me with this issue I would be much grateful !!!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

All Drivers are fresh, OS is Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version,(19042.1415 Build)
I'm assuming you reinstalled the OS, if so, you're on an older OS. You have updates pending, or at the very least your installer is old, where did you source the installer from? We're currently on 21H2. As for your PSU, how old is the Coolermaster PSU in your build? Got a link to said PSU? BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

Jan 3, 2022
now im sure it was GPU all the time (slowly dying) those rgb lights just change red green blue on my gainward 1070 GS then turns off and no fan spin at all,I changed literally everything to be sure why PC is losing signal while gaming,thought it was mobo but it works and post just fine on integrated GPU on 7700k, while on dedicated 1070 nothing.

Changed different GPU Asus 1060 6GB same problem after some time
now im sure it was GPU all the time (slowly dying)
Together, that does not compute. It can't be 1070 if you had same problem with 1060. It would rather point out to problem with PCie slot on motherboard. You have a Z mobo so I bet there's another PCIe x 16 slot there, try moving your GPU there.

Reactions: rickypicky5