PC Losing internet but it's not disconnecting from router.

marcosabruna

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Hello, i had to create an account since i been looking for a fix for days and can't find help. I been losing connection multiple times during the day BUT my PC stays connected to the router and it still says "Internet Connection".
Maybe it's a modem problem? No.
I have 2 exact PC builds and it doesn't happen to the other one. The other one is like 15 feets from this one. Mine get d/c and the other one doesn't. It's getting annoying since i use this one for gaming and yeah, d/cing while playing competitive gaming is not fun.
Thanks!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Check to make sure you have the latest drivers properly installed.
Make sure it's not the ethernet cable.
Check to see if both computers happen to be trying to use the same IP address. They shouldn't be.
Outside of that it could end up being the installation of windows or even worse hardware failure on the motherboard

marcosabruna

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Not sure if this is the proper way to reply but drivers are up to date. No Ethernet cable, im connected wireless.
How can i check if both computers using the same IP Address ? The google IP Search is accurate ?
I didn't have this problem before, it's all of the sudden.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Well wireless is a bit different. As I said, check if drivers are properly installed. not if they are up to date. they can be the latest versions and still not be properly installed. best way to check is to remove drivers using DDU and then installing them fresh again.
Googling your IP address gives you your public IP for your home network not the IP given to each specific device on the network that allows the router to know which device is which.
Open command prompt and type ipconfig then press ENTER and look for your personal device address. do this on both computers and see if they are the same.

Try just disabling the wireless card and enabling it again from control panel.

TRENDING THREADS