Question pc losing it's connection to the printer

Aug 15, 2019
Hi I have a Konica Minolta C258 and a few pc's in the office, at times one or two pc's loses it's connection to the printer but the other pc's are still able to print.
I have to reboot the router in order for the pc's to connect to the printer again.
when i ping the printer it comes back with destination host unreachable or request timeout.
Any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
If this is supposed to be a single subnet (192.168.NNN.xxx) verify that the PCs that can't connect to the printer still have IP addresses in the correct subnet. Maybe some times you have a rogue DHCP server. Or maybe your primary DHCP is running out of address space and those PCs that can't get to the printer don't have an address at all.

Are these PCs part of a Windows domain? Is the domain controller the DHCP server ?

Aug 15, 2019
If this is supposed to be a single subnet (192.168.NNN.xxx) verify that the PCs that can't connect to the printer still have IP addresses in the correct subnet. Maybe some times you have a rogue DHCP server. Or maybe your primary DHCP is running out of address space and those PCs that can't get to the printer don't have an address at all.

Are these PCs part of a Windows domain? Is the domain controller the DHCP server ?

The pc is part of a windows domain and yes the domain controller is the DHCP

Aug 15, 2019
Is the printer wired or wirelessly connected ? Do the clients use the IP address of the printer or a DNS lookup ? Does the printer have a static IP address?
Since you say you can't ping the IP, DNS shouldn't be the issue.

The printer is wirelessly connected and is static .
They use the ip address of the printer .

Aug 15, 2019
So the only part that the router plays is the wireless connection to the printer ? Is the printer in the same subnet as the DHCP range from the DC ?
Have you tried a wired connection to the printer ?
What router ?

yes, the printer is in the same subnet range. The router is a Zyxel router the printer is connected to it via cable and the pc's are connected via the network

Something is fundamentally wrong here, If u can't even ping a static IP.

Maybe the prob is not with the printer since others can access it, is those other PC. Do these PC have other access, file servers, Internet etc while being disconnected from printer?

Aug 15, 2019
Something is fundamentally wrong here, If u can't even ping a static IP.

Maybe the prob is not with the printer since others can access it, is those other PC. Do these PC have other access, file servers, Internet etc while being disconnected from printer?

Yes you can browse the internet, but cannot print unless I reboot the router, it's been happening much more frequently than before

I would do this:

When problem occurs, go to the other printers and PAUSE their printing, if the problem PCs come back on their own, you may have a WIFI congestion, and the problem PCs happen to be farther away from the WIFI base and getting a narrow path to the printer.

TRENDING THREADS