PC losing screen signal during gaming

Ohlordy

Reputable
Mar 23, 2014
So i just built this pc about a month ago, and I only started having problems since my 30 warranty's went away and I replaced my gpu with a brand new one. The gpu is a MSI GTX 760 OC edition. I had both one refurbished, had issues and sent it back. I replaced it about 2 weeks ago with a new one. I only started having more problems when I attempted to put in some case fans. While I'm in a hardcore game, like BF4 or Titanfall on ultra, 50-70 FPS, my pc will just lose signal to my screen and audio. The weird thing is is that the fans and everything else is moving, and I did not experience this before the fans. Please help me, I feel like I wasted 700 dollars.

Part List

MSI GTX 760 OC edition GPU

CX Corsair 500w Power supply

AMD FX-6300 3.5 ghz

1tb WD HDD

ASUS m5A97 mobo

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Cheap target monitor, 1360x768

I know its not over heating. I have taken off my side panel and stuck my hand in there. It is under 80 degrees celcius.

Solution
Could be a couple of things sort of either/or A) the card is a refurb from MSI who aren't known for having high quality control and B) the other possible I'd look at is the PSU, for a rig like yours I normally suggest a good 500 watt, and the CX500 has weak caps and only carries about 455 watts on the 12 volt - the advertised 500 is at peak, where you really want continuous power, I'd first try with a better PSU, see if you can borrow one to test with, if it doesn't help, then contact MSI and let them know that you have been through 2 of their supposedly refurbed cards and both were defective, they may or may not do anything

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Could be a couple of things sort of either/or A) the card is a refurb from MSI who aren't known for having high quality control and B) the other possible I'd look at is the PSU, for a rig like yours I normally suggest a good 500 watt, and the CX500 has weak caps and only carries about 455 watts on the 12 volt - the advertised 500 is at peak, where you really want continuous power, I'd first try with a better PSU, see if you can borrow one to test with, if it doesn't help, then contact MSI and let them know that you have been through 2 of their supposedly refurbed cards and both were defective, they may or may not do anything

Solution

TRENDING THREADS