[SOLVED] PC makes short and intense buzzing noise when turning on

gratrow96

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Hi all,

For the last month or so, my GPU has been exhibiting coil whine, and is dying, I am sure of that much. Today, I went to turn my pc on and upon starting it emitted a fairly loud and short buzz, maybe half a second long. Would this be from the GPU possibly? I have never had problems with power distribution or anything, so I suspect it is the GPU or a hard drive acting up, but even that seems unlikely. Thanks!

Solution
Hi all,

For the last month or so, my GPU has been exhibiting coil whine, and is dying, I am sure of that much. Today, I went to turn my pc on and upon starting it emitted a fairly loud and short buzz, maybe half a second long. Would this be from the GPU possibly? I have never had problems with power distribution or anything, so I suspect it is the GPU or a hard drive acting up, but even that seems unlikely. Thanks!
Well most Defnetly the graphics...Did you try removing the GPU and booting with the integrate graphics(Onboard Screen connect)just to see if there aren't any component damaged...If your system boots up that's a clear sigh that your GPU has died or broken down or faulty.
If your system still doesn't boot up without...

Bassplate

Reputable
Hi all,

Well most Defnetly the graphics...Did you try removing the GPU and booting with the integrate graphics(Onboard Screen connect)just to see if there aren't any component damaged...If your system boots up that's a clear sigh that your GPU has died or broken down or faulty.
If your system still doesn't boot up without the GPU connected i would say booting with one RAM stick and still without your GPU.
The Bios error report Buzz Beep is due to a faulty component(Most times RAM)that preventing bios from booting up.

Reactions: gratrow96
Solution

gratrow96

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Thanks! I took the gpu out and it did not happen anymore, thankfully I was planning on upgrading soon and the new gpu is already in the mail! Just wanted to be sure in the meantime the system wasnt compromised in some other way

Reactions: Bassplate

Bassplate

Reputable
Thanks! I took the gpu out and it did not happen anymore, thankfully I was planning on upgrading soon and the new gpu is already in the mail! Just wanted to be sure in the meantime the system wasnt compromised in some other way
Yeah then your system is perfectly fine after all :benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton::benetton:
Graphics cards mostly dies throe short circuits....You can also take a Close look at your PCI Slot and just see if there aren't any dust or something that could maybe blocking connection between your GPU and your PCI slot connection...Just for safety you know.
But till then i hope you get your new GPU.