Question PC makes weird sounds. PC Shuts off when starting games on High Settings

When ever i launch a game like OverWatch, WorldOfTanks, Warframe on high settings. The PC shuts off and restarts. While launching, the PSU (or GPU, cant make out where its really coming from) Makes a Hissing/Buzzing noise. The Noise has been present for a while now i never gave it much thought, but now its a lot louder, and only happens when the PC is under a load.
Like when im watching YouTube, its silent. Start up any game, and it makes the noise. And i can run the previously mentioned games fine on low. And other games like Dauntless, FromTheDepts i cant even launch on Low. I used to be able to run those games just fine.

At 1st i thought it was a over heat issue, cause of the summer and all that. But after dusting the PC and using it when the ambient temps are cool. Its still doesn't want to work.

Could this be a faulty PSU? Maybe a thunder storm damaged it.

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GD5
RAM: 12GB HyperX FURY DDR4 at 2667MHz (i have a 8GB stick and another a 4GB)
Mother Board: Z170A PC MATE
PSU: Free Silent 620W

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Its actually bad? Huh..
Could you please give me an idea what PSU i should be looking for?

The Corsair CX suggested right above this tends to be the least expensive PSU worth buying.

Tecnoware is yet another seller of the cheapest junk they can find at the most cutrate factory at China and dumping them in the market. In this case, they sell a lot of these fire hazards in Italy. Companies find a lot of consumers wanting to cut some steep corners on safety -- it's not as much fun as a better GPU or CPU -- and not knowing why a PSU is the most important part of a PC.

The Corsair CX suggested right above this tends to be the least expensive PSU worth buying.

Tecnoware is yet another seller of the cheapest junk they can find at the most cutrate factory at China and dumping them in the market. In this case, they sell a lot of these fire hazards in Italy. Companies find a lot of consumers wanting to cut some steep corners on safety -- it's not as much fun as a better GPU or CPU -- and not knowing why a PSU is the most important part of a PC.

Alrighty, thank you for the help!