Question Pc making a weird electrical buzzing noise when under stress

Apr 11, 2019
I’ve recently found that my pc is making a really weird electrical buzzing noise around the area where my data cables/graphics card lies (I can’t quite pinpoint where it’s coming from exactly) it only makes the noise under stress and not idle the power supply and the GPU as well as the data cable are all around 3 months.. should I be concerned and investigate further as it isn’t effecting performances and I can only hear it with my case open of my ear against my case.. it’s not super loud

It's probably coil whine coming from your graphics card. You can test this going in games and alt-tabbing out. The sound it is making should change. If it's too loud, you can try contacting your GPU manufacturer, but so far I've heard very little cards being taking into RMA for coil whine.

That being said, it shouldn't improve performance like you said. It shouldn't affect the longevity of your product.

Reactions: Kames080123
Apr 11, 2019
It's probably coil whine coming from your graphics card. You can test this going in games and alt-tabbing out. The sound it is making should change. If it's too loud, you can try contacting your GPU manufacturer, but so far I've heard very little cards being taking into RMA for coil whine.

That being said, it shouldn't improve performance like you said. It shouldn't affect the longevity of your product.

Okay perfect then I won’t worry too much about it unless I see performance effect or the noise gets worse :)

Thanks for the help