[SOLVED] PC making starting sounds

matty.kemp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2018
Since the start of today i have noticed my pc itself (not a digital sound) keeps making the sound of when u first turn it on (a high pitched sound followed by the fans turning on. My temperatures are fine and it doesnt seem to cause any problems while using the pc itself but just wondering what it might be.

Solution
i wonder if windows knows.
search for "reliability history"
open the control panel result
are there are signs of errors today?
if any red X, click on them and see what they show.

What are details of PC? Is it a custom made PC or brand name? Is custom, what motherboard? If brand name, what make/model?

I don't know what might cause PC to sound like its restarting even while its on. You might want to open it up and maybe clean the fans out, it could be dust or something. With PC off at time of course.

matty.kemp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2018
which version of windows are you on?

its not a beeping noise is it? You shouldn't hear start up noises if PC is currently working.

What are specs of PC? Is it a laptop or PC?
its like the sound when you instantly press the power button and you hear it all turn on aswell as the fans turning on, not a sound being made by windows or anything like that, i am on 1903 if thats what you mean

Colif

Win 11 Master

What are details of PC? Is it a custom made PC or brand name? Is custom, what motherboard? If brand name, what make/model?

I don't know what might cause PC to sound like its restarting even while its on. You might want to open it up and maybe clean the fans out, it could be dust or something. With PC off at time of course.

Solution

matty.kemp

Honorable
Aug 3, 2018

It didnt show anything but it seems to have stopped itself for now, thanks for the help anyway