Question PC making weird buzzing noise, when I touch the case it stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2021
Hi Guys, So when i touch the top of my case or anywhere basically, It makes the noise stop or makes it quite, if its in the top, it stops, if its not, it makes it quiter

Jun 4, 2021
Have you opened the case to identify where the noise is coming from?

It could possibly be a simple fan rattling because it got loose or the vibration pad is worn.
I have not, but it only works with skin, if i touch it with cable, crowbar or anything else than fingers its not making it quiter
Also It comes from the computer and I can also hear it from the Headphones, which makes me think its the PSU

Last edited:

Howardohyea

Commendable
May 13, 2021
what's that sound like? Electrical sound (coil whine) or more of a mechanical sound (fan rattling)?

As to the sound still happening when you touch it with anything else, try a soft stuff like a piece of towel. This might absorb vibrations (if that's the cause) better than a crowbar

Cokacola14

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2012
that or a positive wire could in fact be nearly-touching the chassis and your stopping that flow when you touch it. at that point use a voltometer and ground away from pc and body and touch case
if shes charged up at all unplug all power sources and redo your zipties!

Jun 4, 2021
what's that sound like? Electrical sound (coil whine) or more of a mechanical sound (fan rattling)?

As to the sound still happening when you touch it with anything else, try a soft stuff like a piece of towel. This might absorb vibrations (if that's the cause) better than a crowbar
Sounds more like coil than vibration, the sound stops when i touch my case with leg or fingers, basically skin. crowbar and soft stuff dont work

Jun 4, 2021
that or a positive wire could in fact be nearly-touching the chassis and your stopping that flow when you touch it. at that point use a voltometer and ground away from pc and body and touch case
if shes charged up at all unplug all power sources and redo your zipties!
Already Tried, didn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.