Question PC Making weird rattling sound when starting up

Jan 17, 2022
Relatively new pc build from this previous August. Starting about a month ago, the PC has been making a weird rattling noise when starting up which has gotten progressively worst over time.
Sometimes when I start the PC up it makes the noise and then just shuts off. Then, after waiting about 10 minutes, I am able to turn it on and it comes up with the "boot failure detected" menu. PC is still usable and works quite well but this is quite concerning to me. I have warranties on the parts but not sure what I can do to figure out what part I need to fix/replace.
The sound is coming from around the CPU cooling fans - I tried opening the glass and figuring out exactly where from, but it did not work. I did not disconnect the built-in fans because it just isn't plausible that they could cause the computer to not start up.
I also unplugged the fans and fan RGB from the motherboard - which did nothing. I started the PC up without the CPU fans and fan RGB, and the sound still continued.
I am unsure if the noise could be from the CPU, Memory, SSD, Motherboard, or something else?

View: https://youtu.be/h-NSDXj3PqA

Above is a link to a recording of the noise.

Specs of PC:
Mobo: Gigabyte Z590 Aorus elite AX
CPU + Integrated graphics: i5-11600k
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 16GB (2x8GB)
SSD: 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe
CPU cooler: MSI Coreliquid 360R
Case: NZXT H710i

Jan 17, 2022
Cable is hitting fan blades
Not sure that is the case. I turned off all of the fans, yet the noise continued. Although in the vid the noise is constant, usually the computer only makes the noise briefly then proceeds to turn on and stop the temporary noise. Also, how could that explain the entire PC shutting off and a boot failure, all from a simple cable hitting the fan?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you are absolutely sure it's not the fans rubbing against a cable or something, then it's probably THIS:
iu

That's where the cooler's pump is, by the way.

Reactions: Ai Dan
Jan 17, 2022
If you are absolutely sure it's not the fans rubbing against a cable or something, then it's probably THIS:
iu

That's where the cooler's pump is, by the way.
Thanks so much... my liquid cooler has basically broken down. Avg. CPU temperature is sitting at around 100 Celsius when CPU usage is at 5%, contacting MSI right now.