[SOLVED] Pc making whirring noise like space heater or fan but everything runs normal.

HelloJon

Reputable
May 4, 2017
Turned it on today and it started making the noise. Sounds more like a fan that’s loose but when I stop the fans the noise persists. Everything works fine however had has been slow recently. I can’t PinPoint when the sound is coming from either. UPDATE: as writing this the noise stopped once all programs booted. Could it be hdd related?

Solution
It could be HDD related...but tough to say without hearing it.

If it was a fan.....I think it most likely wouldn't stop making the noise....but some actually do stop after a while.

Here's something I came across....I had a similar problem...it sounded like a fan.....but I stopped every fan....and still the problem.

It was an Alienware machine.

Well....I found they tucked a fan inside the side of the case that was hard to find....so there is always that possibility.
It could be HDD related...but tough to say without hearing it.

If it was a fan.....I think it most likely wouldn't stop making the noise....but some actually do stop after a while.

Here's something I came across....I had a similar problem...it sounded like a fan.....but I stopped every fan....and still the problem.

It was an Alienware machine.

Well....I found they tucked a fan inside the side of the case that was hard to find....so there is always that possibility.

Solution