News PC Market Will Grow for 5 Years, but Shortages Will Also Persist: IDC

InvalidError

Titan
I wouldn't be so optimistic about PC growth persisting that long. Covid is practically the only reason PC sales bounced back from a steady ~10 years decline. Now that a massive number of people have either gotten their first PC or gone through a long-overdue upgrade due to work-from-home requirement, I'd expect the return to normally schedule decline to be fairly swift.

Still going to need server infrastructure to support more stuff getting done remotely though.

Reactions: shady28
Now that a massive number of people have either gotten their first PC or gone through a long-overdue upgrade due to work-from-home requirement, I'd expect the return to normally schedule decline to be fairly swift.
that's definitely true.

though PC gaming has been on a rather big incline for a few years now also.
most of my old friends that have been console addicts since N64 & Playstation have been commenting about how they need a good gaming computer now.

there's also the factor that mobile devices are getting much more powerful and can handle a lot of what we used to need computers for.
so this could also lead to another decline in computer sales over the next decade.