Question PC Massively Underperforming

Aug 19, 2022
I recently completed my $2500 build and wanted to benchmark it. I used User benchmark and placed 13th percentile overall. I have never seen results this bad. Prior to this benchmark, I changed one thing. I overclocked my GPU through Afterburner. The reason I Overclocked in the first place was because my GPU was underperforming in the 30th percentile. I followed a guide online and overclocked making sure everything was good through Kombuster. Core clock is now at 75 mhz and memory clock is at 15. To rule out the overclocking I reset it to default settings and placed even lower this time. I'm not sure what to do.
Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Itach1uch1ha/saved/#view=9dxv4D
UserBenchmark ss: https://gofile.io/d/oewzuS
Nothing taking up space in taskmanager.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I don't see a screenshot linked, just takes me to gofile's homepage.

In terms of benchmarking, I've never rated userbenchmark. Unless somethign has changed, it just gives you percentiles vs everything else in their database. So unless you're running a liquid nitrogen cooled 12900K + NVLink'd 3090s, you're never going to be near the upper end, even with a pretty high-end system such as yours.

Compare your system to published benchmarks from reputable sites, relevant to your workload. If you play title A at 1440p (for example), find benchmarks posted from others with the same title/settings/resolution and compare.

Aug 19, 2022

In terms of benchmarking, I've never rated userbenchmark. Unless somethign has changed, it just gives you percentiles vs everything else in their database. So unless you're running a liquid nitrogen cooled 12900K + NVLink'd 3090s, you're never going to be near the upper end, even with a pretty high-end system such as yours.

Compare your system to published benchmarks from reputable sites, relevant to your workload. If you play title A at 1440p (for example), find benchmarks posted from others with the same title/settings/resolution and compare.
Gofile link opens to a screenshot on my end. Try this one. Not sure what's wrong. UserBenchmark compares your pc with other pcs with the same components. So it's 13th percentile of other pcs with the exact same hardware. Ive previously placed in the 90th percentile. I'm not sure what happened for it to dip down so considerably. I will try another benchmarking service and compare the results.

Aug 19, 2022
Rather than posting screen shots, just post the link to the userbenchmark site.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55511182

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Pc is massively underperforming.. In 13th percentile.

Ubm shows results based on equipment. Has nothing to do with what people have done with that equipment.

You've got a Ryzen 5800x and you are going up against others with a 5800x, that have uber cooling, pbo enabled, ram tweaked, curve optimized, running 3600/3800MHz so get the Fclock difference.... Etc.

Your cpu isn't massively underperforming, it's just going up against others whom are over-performing. Most of them are tweaked where they are hitting 4.7GHz - 4.8GHz on one or more cores, you are hitting 4.4GHz.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022
Pc is massively underperforming.. In 13th percentile.

Ubm shows results based on equipment. Has nothing to do with what people have done with that equipment.

You've got a Ryzen 5800x and you are going up against others with a 5800x, that have uber cooling, pbo enabled, ram tweaked, curve optimized, running 3600/3800MHz so get the Fclock difference.... Etc.

Your cpu isn't massively underperforming, it's just going up against others whom are over-performing.
Benchmarked again after restarting pc and placed significantly higher. I’ve previously placed in the 70 and up percentile. Something was clearly wrong and currently still is as my Gpu and ssd are underperforming what theyre expected to.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55513066

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ubm cannot measure anything by itself except the cpu. Everything else has some reliance on something else for performance, whether that's transfer from storage to ram or from ram dealing with the memory controller.

So you'll see deficits regarding everything if the cpu isn't good to start with. Which it isn't, because it's not hitting the boosts that it can and should.

Ryzen boosts according to load, voltages and temps. Ubm isn't a heavy core load, and voltages are most likely Auto.

I'd suggest you enable pbo in AMD Overclocking, set boost limit to 200 and run Curve Optimizer at -15. Then check your temps. Running ubm you shouldn't be much, if any higher than about 80ish °C. If it's higher than that, your cooling system is inadequate. Somehow.

Benchmarked again after restarting pc and placed significantly higher. I’ve previously placed in the 70 and up percentile. Something was clearly wrong and currently still is as my Gpu and ssd are underperforming what theyre expected to.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/55513066
Try this.

Reboot.
Wait a few mins.
Run UBM with the browser closed.
Post a LINK to the results page.

TRENDING THREADS