[SOLVED] PC mic jack broken

Mar 1, 2020
When I plug my headphones into the mic jack and test the mic in discord, it sounds like im rubbing Styrofoam into the mic. I've tried several different mics and got the same results. How would I fix this? Any ideas?

Solution
I second trying the one on the back directly off the motherboard. If you're still having problems, check your drivers and check with a linux live cd. If you still have problems, you need a new sound card/usb.

Hydrecide

Prominent
Aug 22, 2019
Are you using the mic jack on the casing or the motherboard? I highly recommend using the one on the motherboard. If the problem persists, you can try using a USB sound adapter.

Reactions: Gess32
Mar 1, 2020
Headphone cord works just fine on motherboard. But mic on the other hand doesn't work.. it doesn't make the static noise anymore. Just doesn't work. (Drivers are updated)

Mar 1, 2020
I second trying the one on the back directly off the motherboard. If you're still having problems, check your drivers and check with a linux live cd. If you still have problems, you need a new sound card/usb.
NVM guys, I had AMD drivers installed on my MSI mother board rather than installing the MSI drivers directly from the site. (if that makes any difference)