Oct 30, 2017
PC specs
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MH
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX Nvidia 1050ti
Mobo: Asus Prime B4050M-A
PSU: Corsair CX750M
SSD: Crucial MX500
So recently I bought a new ryzen 5, new ram and mobo and replaced them all with the old devices. For a month, my PC worked fined. Played games and did other stuff perfectly. Suddenly, my monitor turned off randomly while playing along with my keyboard, forcing me to turn it off by force with the power button. I used the Prime95 stress test to check my ram and cpu, the monitor goes off immediately when the test starts. I took it to a PC repair shop. They've so far updated every driver and bios. They tried swaping the GPU, Ram, SSD and so far nothing. The only options right now is to swap the mobo, cpu and psu. What the hell could be causing this? I'm afraid I have a faulty CPU. I'm not performing any overclock, every device is in stock setting. Any ideas? Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the monitor and peripheral outages.

How old is that Corsair PSU? If it was nearing EOL (End of Life) via time and usage the new components might have been more of a load than the PSU could continue to support.

The stress test "failures" may indeed be evidence of that.

eduniga

Reputable
Oct 30, 2017
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the monitor and peripheral outages.

How old is that Corsair PSU? If it was nearing EOL (End of Life) via time and usage the new components might have been more of a load than the PSU could continue to support.

The stress test "failures" may indeed be evidence of that.
The PSU is 4 and a half years old. I told the repair shop guy it might be the PSU. I checked event viewer and I got this error "A TCG Command has returned an error". I googled the error and it has to do with either the ram or ssd but I already swapped devices and they are not faulty.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Just FYI and worth a read:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test per se as the PSU is not underload.

However any voltages that are near or out of spec may be indicative of a PSU problem.

PSU's are critical to a computer's proper functioning and provide 3, 5, and 12 volts to system components.

A problem with any given voltage can and does result in all sorts of problems.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS