Question PC monitor flickers turns on/off when opposite wall fan switch turned on or off.

TalkingTomCat

Prominent
Aug 22, 2022
This is a weird issue started facing recently after upgraded my old system monitor
From Samsung 19 inch monitor to Dell 24 inch.

Checked electric wires with engineers and everything else is fine.

Is this normal?

Trying with new cpu fan, power cables etc as those are 10 years old.

This is a weird issue started facing recently after upgraded my old system monitor
From Samsung 19 inch monitor to Dell 24 inch.

Checked electric wires with engineers and everything else is fine.

Is this normal?

Trying with new cpu fan, power cables etc as those are 10 years old.
This is fine and normal your pushing the limits of the breaker your room is on I don't know how much you have plugged in or what all you are running off the one breaker but it's to it's limit one more big ticket item and your popping it

Reactions: TalkingTomCat

TalkingTomCat

Prominent
Aug 22, 2022
This is fine and normal your pushing the limits of the breaker your room is on I don't know how much you have plugged in or what all you are running off the one breaker but it's to it's limit one more big ticket item and your popping it
Using pc in my room for 10 years.
Suddenly started having this Flicker issue after purchasing 2nd hand monitor.
24 inch dell

TalkingTomCat

Prominent
Aug 22, 2022
I mean you can test this by unplugging a few non essential items from outlets for a few and see if the problem persist if it doesn't it maybe a psu issue. Not providing enough power to the GPU for dual rendering
OK.
My existing PSU is 750 ways corsair.
I have 3 spare PSU 1000 watts from antec and corsair.
Will give those a try too.
Ty

TalkingTomCat

Prominent
Aug 22, 2022
If you have electrical load issues, you might try a UPS to filter out electrical glitches.

Whenever a fan or other such item is powered on, there will be a higher draw on current than after it gets operating.

What is the power draw of the old and new monitors?
I don't have a UPS to test.
How to check power draw on monitor?
I have ordered new HDMI cables and power cables, will give things a try with those.
(old cables are almost 10 years old)

Inthrutheoutdoor

Reputable
BANNED
Feb 17, 2019
Yes.
It's just moving to a different power circuit to see what the results are.

This will only work if that other circuit is on a different breaker from the one in their computer room though, but a good way to try to isolate the issue nonetheless....

Perhaps it's the monitor itself that is flakey or just plain defective ?

@TalkingTomCat - do you still have the old sammy monitor (or any other one) to reconnect & see if the problem still exists ? If so and it goes away, that would seem to confirm that the Dell is wonky, yes ?

This will only work if that other circuit is on a different breaker from the one in their computer room though, but a good way to try to isolate the issue nonetheless....

@TalkingTomCat - do you still have the old sammy monitor (or any other one) to reconnect & see if the problem still exists ? If so and it goes away, that would seem to confirm that the Dell is wonky, yes ?
True......that's why you try different sockets in different rooms.

TalkingTomCat

Prominent
Aug 22, 2022
Yes.
It's just moving to a different power circuit to see what the results are.
Ok will give this a try.

I still have the old Samsung monitor, not having flicker issues with same.
Issue started with Dell 24 inch monitor (bought it locally, used by someone since 2018)

No bill and warranty left.