PC Monitor turns off after Loading screen[Fixed/Solved]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davor Vidojkovic

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014
Hi,
so the other day, I was playing something on my computer, and the screen can random turn off then turn on after a sec or two. Okay, so the other day it turned off and it never turned back on(had a situation like that where I have to restart it). And I press the restart button, and after some time the Loading screen came, and after the loading screen was done, the monitor turned off. So I decided to open up the computer, I took the graphics card with the cooler and the first thing that happened two fins dropped, and I was like its the cooler. So today I went and bought a cooler and I sticked it to the graphics card and everything, and I clicked the on button to turn on my PC, and yet the same thing happened... And I've decided to ask you guys to help me with this problem.. Help is appreciated!
Computer Statics(not sure if needed but yeah..)
Processor : Intel i3 3.20 ghz
Graphics : Nvidia GTX Ti 550
Ram : 4
Operating system : Windows 7 64-bit

Write back ASAP!
Thanks in advance!:)

Davor Vidojkovic

Honorable
Jun 28, 2014
Problem Solved, after a deeper search!
If you also struggle with this problem here is the solution to it :
Boot to safe mode. If the screen works normally (doesn't turn black) in safe mode then is a corrupt driver for your video card (safe mode loads the generic windows driver not the one for your specific card). Go into the device manager under display adapters and right click your display adapter and click uninstall. Now reboot normally. Windows will detect the display adapter that is install and reinstall the driver for the device. It may ask you to reboot again. Upon this reboot if the problem persist then the driver is completely corrupted. You will need to go online and download the most up to date drive for your device and install that. You can go online if you boot safe mode with networking.

gtgm_110

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014

Good to hear you fixed it. And yes, driver failure is probably the most common cause of black screens these days, but you definitely need to see what you can do about those fins falling. Software problems are much easier to fix than hardware problems. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.