Question PC Mouse teleports to center of desktop randomly, even without the mouse being connected.

Cypereze

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Hi!
I've been searching so far and wide without an answer to my newfound problem.

This problem started to occur randomly this monday.
My mousecursor teleports to the center of my PC desktop, and blinks twice - creating a mini-lag in the entire windows. Meaning, if I were to play a game, my game would lag just because of the mouse teleporting to the center.
This happens around each 10-20 seconds.

What I've done so far:
I've uninstalled every driver for the mouse (still same problem)
I've unplugged my mouse and left it unplugged - yet the cursor still moves back to the center and lags (still same problem)

What I've figured out:
When my 3rd screen (tv) is turned off, the mouse cursor seem to teleport back to the middle of the screen and blink, but when the TV's on the problem stops occuring.
How do I stop this from happening?

My drivers all up to date.

Windows 10 x64
GPU; Nvida Geforce 1080
3 monitors, all connected with HDMI.

Cypereze

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Open up Control Panel's list of installed app's, check and see if you've got remote desktop viewing app's installed on your platform. What version(not edition) of Windows 10 are you working with? Make and model of your mouse?

Thank you for you answer!
I do not have a remote desktop viewing app.
I run Windows 10 Build 19044, and the model of my mouse is a Steel Series Rival 700.
I've tried with different mouse and same thing happens, as long the third monitor (tv) is off. When it's on the mouses works fine and there's no teleportation happening.

Cypereze

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Updates or a software that hijacks mouse and/or focus.

Thanks for taking your time to help me out!

I thought it could be one of the newer NVIDA drivers, but they try to make it impossible to roll back the drivers so I've had a hard time just uninstalling them and reinstalling.
I went into safe boot to remove, even that didn't work.
Checked for viruses as well, but it doesn't make sense that it would stop hijacking/teleporting the mouse as soon as I turn on the third monitor.

Cypereze

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Software does not know you have 3 monitors, just attempts to get focus on the default one.
Use DDU to remove drivers in safe mode.

Thanks for the reply!

I've tried mostly everything by now it feels like, and removing drivers did not help.
Everything started when I bought the 4k TV, it worked fine with 1080p TV.
Do you have any more ideas?

Cypereze

Commendable
Jun 18, 2020
Update;
I notice that the HDMI is disconnecting and reconnecting. Bought 2 new HDMI cables (both supporting 4k and UDH) still nothing.
It doesn't flicker when I have the TV on, and it seems to be stable in the connection with the HDMI then - however as soon as I turn off the tv, the HDMI starts to reconnect and disconnect.
So I checked my power settings on the tv and nothing seemed out of order and I couldn't tweak too much.