Question Pc needs 30 to 50 tries to boot up.

Aug 21, 2024
Specs:
Rx 6700xt
Tforce 16gb ddr4 3600mhz ram in slot 2 and 4
B550 prime wifi
Eva 750bq bronze psu
4tb HD and1tb ssd
Nothing is oc

Its worked for 2 years with these specs and no problem but randomly started doing this. When I boot my pc up the fans will kick on, the lights turn on, cpu fan on and monitor will turn on and flash display port signal not found. When I turn it off my gpu both connectors flash red so it's getting power.

Everything thing I've tried I've tried every port and different monitors. I've taken the gpu out cleaned it and put it back in. I've made sure all wires are securely plugged in. I've taken out the ram and tried both sticks in slot 2 by themselves to see if one stick is faulty. I've checked connections on psu. I've disconnected both my HD and ssd incase the bios got messed up on boot order. I've taken out the cmos battery for 10min to see if works and then did it again but after taking out gpu, and ram.

The weird part of this is had the problem for a few days and could not get it boot up no matter how many tries. So I went to friends house and plugged up there and boots first try and we could not get the thing to bot boot up we shut it down multiple times and stuff and it kept working. Went back to my house it stopped working again. I have now since then moved it didn't work. I fiddled with it a bit and after like 40 tries yesterday it turned on. I played elden ring for a good 8 hours and had no problems shut it down and now won't come back on.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am a bit confused about some aspects of your description.

Has the issue not turning on at your (old?) house. Took to friend's house and worked fine. Then do you mean you moved as in to a new home, or moved to a new circuit in the house and issue returned?

Off the rip I would say something is going on with home electric or the power supply. Other items of consideration could be that the case power button is failing. That last aspect should follow no matter where you power from.

I didn't see that you listed the CPU in this rig. Most Ryzen don't but is this a "G" skew, or do you happen to have access to a GPU that doesn't require supplemental power?

First thing I would try would be to take the front panel headers off and unplug the storage drive power and see if you can short the front panel power pins (screwdriver) to see if it will power up. If that doesn't work I would consider taking the hardware out of the case to "breadboard" with as minimal attached hardware as possible and check to see if it will power up outside the case. If so check to be sure some bit of metal or something (such as from threading holes for the standoffs) is in the case.

Beyond that would perhaps consider a new power supply. The one you have isn't bottom of the barrel and consideration should be made as to how old that unit is. Other aspects to consider would be are you plugging directly to the wall or a power strip, UPS, and so on.

Aug 21, 2024
My cpu ryzen 5 5600x
I moved to a different apartment near school
I turned it on with the storage power unplugged by shortening the pins nothing still just turns on monitor but no display.
I have now taken both my psu and motherboard out of the case only thing plugged in motherboard is cpu and fan and one stick of ram. It turns on
I then repulleged in gpu to try and get display but nothing.