Question PC network adapter issues

Ramy__G

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
I have a router+modem in my house , and ethernet wall sockets in every room , I tried to connect my pc to one of the wall sockets , and it says "cable is not connected", so I tried to connect my laptop with the same ethernet cable to the wall socket , and i got a connection, so the clear suspect it my PC network adapter as far as i understand , i tried to unintall the adapter with no luck, any suggestions on what i can do to try and fix the issue?
Just to be clear, i do get internet connection with a cable connected to the router+modem

Last edited:

Ramy__G

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
Ive tried 2 different cables , one that worked with a different PC that stood in that room already, and another which i was able to get a connection diractly from the router+modem

When you tested your laptop for a connection, did you make sure wireless was turned off so you didn't get a false positive test?
A "cable unplug" message is independent of WIFI.

A "cable unplug" is a local, OSI layer-2 message saying "hey, I can't see nothing on the other end of this cable!" Nothing as in no handshaking whatsoever from next hop NIC.

This message is typical of bad wirings, bad physical connection, bent pins, dust ball on RJ45(s).

Last edited:

Ramy__G

Reputable
Nov 13, 2015
even if the Wi-Fi was on , its was a new router and i havn't inserted the password yet , so no connection was possible, i got connection with the cable on the laptop , but on the PC i get "cable unplugged" , but with the same cable connected to the modem , i get a normal connection on the PC