PC No Bios menu and won't boot Windows

39bdog

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
My PC yesterday froze and so my brother restarted it and then nothing showed up on the screen. And he kept restarting it and nothing showed up. The monitor was acting like there was no signal. Eventually I did something and restarted it and the monitor turned on but there was no like opening BIOS but it went to the RAID options screen and then went to the "Loading Operating System..." then it goes to a black screen. And that's what it does now. Sometimes however it will go to the Windows 10 logo with the spinning circle acting like its going to start windows but then it doesn't. And also sometimes this thing will appear and flash quickly on the monitor saying "Not Optimum Mode"

Is there anything I could possibly do to fix it? Or is something really wrong with it. Thanks

Solution
Your issue is that you are unable to load into Windows, so this is an issue with your Master Boot Record (MBR).

Luckily this can be fixed easily by resetting the MBR. Once reset, it will likely load into Windows.

If it doesn't, that means the issue is too big for a reset to handle, so you'll need to re-image the machine (if you have a disk image) or re-install the OS all together. Either will work.

Once up and running, don't hesitate to run a backup just in case. Macrium Reflect or RollBack Rx will work in this regard.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Your issue is that you are unable to load into Windows, so this is an issue with your Master Boot Record (MBR).

Luckily this can be fixed easily by resetting the MBR. Once reset, it will likely load into Windows.

If it doesn't, that means the issue is too big for a reset to handle, so you'll need to re-image the machine (if you have a disk image) or re-install the OS all together. Either will work.

Once up and running, don't hesitate to run a backup just in case. Macrium Reflect or RollBack Rx will work in this regard.

Solution