PC No Boot, 1 Long beep and 2 short beeps

Jul 29, 2018
Hello guys,

I have this problem and already tried many solution that i've found in here but doesn't work.
So let me try to explain :

1. Day 1, my dad's PC suddenly won't boot. the fans, hdd, etc seems working like normal. But, this time the sound is a little bit loud. The PC won't give any display to monitor and have 1 long beep and 2 short beeps after wards. Since i don't know PC, i brought it to technician. They said, it's the ram problem. and then i just bought a new ram. they re-install windows and changed the ram. It suddenly works. The PC works normally for a day.

2. Day 2, in the morning, he wanna turn on the PC, and then the same problem happened again. So i contacted the technician and brought it to them. Then, they tried to swap the ram into another slot. And it works again for a day.

3. Day 3, same pattern, my dad working till around 11pm, shut down the PC, the morning when wanna turn on the pc, the problem happened again. I kinda gave up to bring the pc into the technician.

Here is the spec that i know :
- motherboard : Gigabyte GA-p55-us3l
- ram : 2x 4gb corsair and 1 4gb vgen ram
- gpu : nvidia geforce gts 250
- 1 TB and 500gb hdd
- hexa 500+ psu
- intel core i5

And this is the beep sounds look like :

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJD2TKwxEI"][/video]

after beeps and the phase light turned off, nothing happen. just nothing and like that.

So does anyone know what's happen on my PC ?

Thank you for any helps of yours, i really appreciated it!

Solution
Hi

One long beep and 2 short beeps on that motherboard is a graphic card error. Take it out remove and dust etc with a soft brush and reseat the card and make sure the fan is running on the graphic card at turn on. If that doesn't solve the issue then you may need a new graphic card

defiantuk

Reputable
Jul 22, 2014
Hi

One long beep and 2 short beeps on that motherboard is a graphic card error. Take it out remove and dust etc with a soft brush and reseat the card and make sure the fan is running on the graphic card at turn on. If that doesn't solve the issue then you may need a new graphic card

Solution