[SOLVED] PC no display after a month of upgrading it.

Dec 6, 2020
So recently on mid-november, my pc died on me after years of use and I suspected my PSU as the source of the problem since it sometimes doesn't even power up the hard drive or my peripherals.

So I did a full upgrade on it EXCEPT the GPU since I was planning on upgrading it late january next year. And the one reoccurring problem that popped up like my last build is that the GPU sometimes doesn't display anything. Not even the BIOS boot up screen.

Usually it's fixed with a simple reset but now it just died again. I tried changing the HDMI cables, and checked the GPU itself and it seems to be running just fine. It's just not displaying anything.

So my question is : Is my GPU dead and it's time to replace it or is there another problem that I dont know about?

Here's my current PC spec :
Motherboard : B550 Aorus Elite
CPU : Ryzen 5600x with stock cooler
GPU : Colorful GTX 1060 6gb
RAM : Corsair vengeance 32gb (2x16gb) 3200mhz
PSU : Corsair RM 650w
HDD : WD Blue 3 tb
SSD : Galax 120gb
M.2 : Adata SX8200 1tb
Fans : 3 front intakes and 1 back exhaust

Sorry if this looks a mess. It's my first time posting on forums.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the Corsair RM PSU? Brand new? If so, breadboard the system disconnect everything that's connected to the system, except one stick of ram(per your motherboard manual, which should be slot A2) and the discrete GPU and see if you can to POST and (no boot device detected>)BIOS screen.

You might want to take the GPU over to a donor system that has a PSU with at least 650W of power for the entire system, to see if the GPU works there.

Lutfij

Titan

How old is the Corsair RM PSU? Brand new? If so, breadboard the system disconnect everything that's connected to the system, except one stick of ram(per your motherboard manual, which should be slot A2) and the discrete GPU and see if you can to POST and (no boot device detected>)BIOS screen.

You might want to take the GPU over to a donor system that has a PSU with at least 650W of power for the entire system, to see if the GPU works there.

Solution
Dec 6, 2020

Thank you, I'll try plugging it to my friend's pc later and see if it has a problem

Dec 6, 2020

So I disconnected everything except 1 stick of RAM on A2 and the GPU with the same result. Then I swapped the RAM with the other stick and it worked!

Turns out the A2 stick was the problem. So I cleaned it up and plugged everything back in now it works!

Thanks for the advice!