Question Pc no display cmos battery error

May 21, 2021
my pc was just working fine I switched ram sticks and now I am receiving a cmos battery error with no display and no ability to go into bios. I have an Alienware aurora r6 with gtx 1080 and 4 16gb ram sticks. I just replaced the cmos battery with a brand new one and still am getting this error. When I switch my ram back to the original 4 sticks there is no display still and the pc just turns on and off over and over after about 10 seconds. Anything I can do?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
my pc was just working fine I switched ram sticks and now I am receiving a cmos battery error with no display and no ability to go into bios. I have an Alienware aurora r6 with gtx 1080 and 4 16gb ram sticks. I just replaced the cmos battery with a brand new one and still am getting this error. When I switch my ram back to the original 4 sticks there is no display still and the pc just turns on and off over and over after about 10 seconds. Anything I can do?

In addition to swapping the CMOS battery, have you utilized the pins to reset CMOS?

Might want to install just one stick of the original RAM. Triple check all the connectors inside, particularly the mobo and CPU power connectors.

May 21, 2021
In addition to swapping the CMOS battery, have you utilized the pins to reset CMOS?

Might want to install just one stick of the original RAM. Triple check all the connectors inside, particularly the mobo and CPU power connectors.
I’ve already tried just using one stick of ram in each slot and it’s the same as if I had all four in no display. What do u mean utilized the pins to reset cmos? I was under the impression that I could just pop the battery out, hold the power button and pop it back in. I’ve also taken out my gpu and tried starting the pc without that. I also unplugged everything from the motherboard and plugged it all back in.