[SOLVED] Pc no display no usb works, suspected motherboard issue

Apr 16, 2021
Hello everyone, today I upgraded from a ryzen 5 1600 cpu to ryzen 5 3600 on my MSI B350 motherboard and now when I turn on my pc everything lights up all fans spin but I don't get any display and none of my usb connections work. I tried doing a CMOS reset by taking the battery out of my motherboard and putting it back in after a minute but it still doesn't work.

When I put in my new cpu fan I put way too much pressure trying to screw it in so I think I messed up the motherboard. When testing if it's the CPU I swapped between the 1600 and 3600 and when put into the motherboard they both start my pc up automatically which makes me confused as to what the issue is. My best bet I think is to get a new motherboard but I'd like to hear your opinions before I spend any money.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:
Solution
B350 boards require BIOS update for ryzen 5 3600 support.
What is exact model name of your board? MSI B350 is not a full name.
Did you perform BIOS update?
What BIOS version your board is currently on?
Apr 16, 2021
B350 boards require BIOS update for ryzen 5 3600 support.
What is exact model name of your board? MSI B350 is not a full name.
Did you perform BIOS update?
What BIOS version your board is currently on?
I have the MSI B350 tomahawk I got off newegg a few years back, I did not perform a bios update yet and I just tried putting my old cpu back in to try to check my bios version but I'm still getting no display and my usbs aren't working either.

TRENDING THREADS