Question PC No DIsplay when I use the GPU

Aug 21, 2022
Hello,

Whenever I start something which is GPU Intensive even not that much the PC suddenly goes black screen the monitor goes into power-saving mode. The fans of the GPU stop spinning but there is still sound coming from the speakers.

I have tried everything memtest, and CPU bench, to make sure that the problem was not with those components but they went all fine. But whenever I try to run the test which uses the GPU it instantly goes black screen and refuses to work. When I force restart the computer it gives me five beeps and when I log in, to the device manager the GPU has a yellow warning icon next to it saying that windows have disabled its device as it stopped working, Please help I have tried everything to my knowledge. I have reseated the CPU and the ram. At this point, I might suspect it's the PSU or the GPU directly.

Please I need your guys to help on this. Thank you!

SPECS
AMD RX 570 ASUS OC EDITION
Intel i3 10100F
Gigabyte H410M V3
Samsung 2400Mhz 4x2 Ram
Stock cooler
Gigabyte Gold 500W PSU (10 years old now)

All the tests like memtest and cpu one were up to mark and showed no errors, even the SSD has no errors.

Please assist,

Lutfij

Titan
Try and work with a PSU that's reliably built and isn't a decade old. To also add, Gigabyte is the brand of the PSU, while 550W is the advertised wattage of the unit and Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of your PSU?

Aug 21, 2022
Try and work with a PSU that's reliably built and isn't a decade old. To also add, Gigabyte is the brand of the PSU, while 550W is the advertised wattage of the unit and Gold is the advertised 80+ efficiency rating. What is the model of your PSU?

I apologize, I checked and there is no rating but just says the model number is GE-N500A.C2 500W Gigabyte

See https://share.icloud.com/photos/09f3zzfMaP7SGXydd2nTIxwMw

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Eek, I was hoping you were wrong about the wattage and it was something of better quality.

Next step is to put something competent and safe in there and cross your fingers that the PSU didn't kill off the GPU. It was always a cheaply made, group-regulated PSU when it was new, but it's a really old cheaply made, group-regulated PSU. I wouldn't be surprised if years of awful voltage regulation at full load -- which always happens on a modern system with a modern GPU using a group-regulated PSU -- caused it to give up the ghost.