Sep 19, 2021
Black screen

Hello Techies,

Last night I came home to my PC running but screen was black with no response from my mouse either (mouse is rgb and lights were off). I tried to restarted it, unplugged all accessories, turn off power supply and turn it back on, remove and reinstall my ram, removed and reinstall the cmos battery with no luck.

The problem I see is when I start my PC my GPU fans runs for about 5 seconds and stops running. Everything else looks fine. The GPU lights are still on when the fan stops running. (My GPU is red devil radeon rx 5700 xt 8gb)

Today I went to purchase new psu,ram, and cooler. So far I have tested the new psu and ram but nothing has changed. I notice with the new psu when I turn on my pc, my psu and GPU fans run for 5-10 and stops. No display and my mouse usually lights up when I start my pc but oddly enough it doesn’t light up anymore too. I cleaned out the pc from all the dust and still no luck. I’ve also tried using the motherboard stock display ports and nothing as well. Spent all this money just to diy . Pure stubbornness of wanting to figuring out myself instead of paying $40 for it to be diagnosed at a store lol.

motherboard is Asus prime 470x-pro
Ram was ballistix 16gb. Just picked up vengeance 32gb
Cooler DEEPCOOL Castle 240 RGB V2 240mm
GPU is red devil radeon rx 5700 xt 8gb

Can anyone teach me a solution or what I can try or do from here? 🙏

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I don’t think the GPU is the problem; the motherboard display ports doesn’t work either.
Unless you have a processor with built in graphics the motherboard will never display anything.

If it was working before try reseting CMOS from their it's probably to much pressure on the CPU when you installed the new cooler.

Also remove the new memory and try the old set.

Sep 19, 2021
Unless you have a processor with built in graphics the motherboard will never display anything.

If it was working before try reseting CMOS from their it's probably to much pressure on the CPU when you installed the new cooler.

Also remove the new memory and try the old set.
I haven’t installed the new cooler yet because I don’t want to have trouble returning it if that’s not the issue. Do you think it’s the GPU or the motherboard is faulty?