Question PC no longer boots after simply trying to connect HDMI cable to TV

LordMaul

Honorable
Jan 4, 2017
I don’t really know how to explain what’s happened, otherwise I wouldn’t be here politely asking advice. But the short of it is that whilst attempting to connect my PC to my TV via HDMI cable, my PC stopped running and now does not turn back on. Occasionally it boots up for less than a second (lights show etc) but other than that, no sign of life.

I wasn’t touching any internal components at the time, I was simply just trying to get my HDMI cable to connect to the TV and it was a bit fiddly on both ends. I didn’t push or pull anything too hard, I was just trying to connect the HDMI whilst sat on the carpet in my lounge and the aforementioned happened.

Specs:

Case: NZXT 500
Ryzen 3600x (Corsair H100x AIO)
32gb Ram
Two NVME SSDs drives (inc. boot drive), two standard SSDs.
PSU: EVGA Bronze 850Bq

…never had any issues with my PC before in any way.

After my heart dropped, I did some research and a common thread for roughly similar situations seems to be that the PSU failing is a likely culprit…bought a brand new PSU; doesn’t work with that either. Checked MB cables were properly connected, removed GPU and left just one stick of ram, tested again, no joy.

Please can someone help me here? No idea what I’ve done. I don’t know what’s happened and I’d rather fix it myself rather than take it elsewhere. There’s no sign of burn or charring, no smell of smoke (or visible smoke). There wasn’t when it happened either.

Can anyone also tell me what the chances are that all my components are dead?

Many thanks 🙏

LordMaul

Honorable
Jan 4, 2017
Don’t want to appear pushy, but if anyone can take the time to offer any suggestions should they have an inking; I’d be grateful.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS