Question PC no longer boots up/Blank monitor

boubir

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
I've had my desktop (Acer AT3-100-EF20) for about two years (was previously used but it didn't have the same issue) and it's had an issue where the monitor would disconnect and I couldn't get it to work again. This usually happened if I didn't have anything running (a game or browser) if I left it open without opening any applications, the monitor goes blank and I can't wake it back up, the pc itself is still running and the fans are functional. I replaced the monitor with a brand new one but the same problem occured, I switched the rams slots, made sure everything was properly connected but I still had the issue. I even reset the computer twice but still nothing. Today it got worse, my monitor went blank (per usual) but when I tried booting it back up, it went to the BIOS screen and as soon as I pressed on the keyboard language, the monitor went blank. I even shut it off for an entire hour and tried again but to no avail. Can anyone please help me fix this?

kek986

Prominent
Nov 9, 2019
I've had my desktop (Acer AT3-100-EF20) for about two years (was previously used but it didn't have the same issue) and it's had an issue where the monitor would disconnect and I couldn't get it to work again. This usually happened if I didn't have anything running (a game or browser) if I left it open without opening any applications, the monitor goes blank and I can't wake it back up, the pc itself is still running and the fans are functional. I replaced the monitor with a brand new one but the same problem occured, I switched the rams slots, made sure everything was properly connected but I still had the issue. I even reset the computer twice but still nothing. Today it got worse, my monitor went blank (per usual) but when I tried booting it back up, it went to the BIOS screen and as soon as I pressed on the keyboard language, the monitor went blank. I even shut it off for an entire hour and tried again but to no avail. Can anyone please help me fix this?
Can you tell me what specs you have? It might be a GPU problem. I'll search that pc up for you problems.