PC No longer Boots

Fajita

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Description of Problem

My PC won't turn on, at all. No fans keep spinning and no lights stay lit, and the system doesn't post. Although occasionally when I turn on my PC the fans will do about 1 rotation and then stop, and the lights on the MOBO will turn on, then shortly after turn back off.

Steps I've taken

I have tried sending off my MOBO and it's returned with exactly the same fault, I've also tried another power supply, and tried another motherboard.

System Specification

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 280X 3GB TWIN FROZR
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
MOBO: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM

EDIT

Found out that the main problem was the power supply which was completely shot. Also the pins on the motherboard were bent in the CPU socket.

Fajita

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

Thanks, but still no luck. I've just tried all possible configurations and it's got the same problem.

Fajita

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

Unfortunately not, although the second power supply that I tried was from a friend's PC and that definitely works but my PC wouldn't boot up using that one. Is there a chance it could be the CPU?

It's possible and cleaning it with an alcohol wipe then very carefully removing and reseating it.

Apply a small bead of a good quality Mercury thermal paste in the middle of the top and let the heatsink spread it around. Make sure that's firmly clamped down and power up the box.

Fajita

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013

Still no luck, maybe I should try and find another CPU with the same socket and see if my PC will boot with that?