Question PC no longer posting after changing RAM slots

Jan 11, 2021
Hey everyone, recently I have been having some issues with my PC I had recently just built (this is my first ever pc build). At first, I was getting bsods, which read IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and I assumed it was a ram issue. I tried repairing the ram, but nothing happened as windows detected no errors. Then I was getting bsods that read the following, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. My PC also was slow during downloads, (steam), and crashed during downloads. It also froze which always required a restart. I decided to move my sticks of ram to the 2nd slot and 4th slot, as I had them in slots 1 and 3 before. Now, my PC does not post.
This is my parts list
MSI 2080 Super,
ASUS prime z490-a
Intel i9 unlocked 10900k,
corsair rm750x,
corsair h100i platinum se,
corsair vengeance pro (32gb),
Seagate barracuda 4TB

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Irq_not_less_or_equal is normally a lack of voltage to the cpu. Happens a lot with OC attempts, can be buggy drivers.

Clock_watchdog_timeout error is most normally a driver incompatibility with hardware that's been Oc'd.

System_service_exception is normally a buggy, damaged or incompatible windows driver.

Dpc_watchdog_violation is a buggy ssd driver, present in original release windows 10, a holdover from win8. It was fixed by later windows updates.

Which beggars the question, just how old is that version of windows 10 you tried to install? If it's an original version, before the release of CE, and you have updated drivers for after Creators edition, like gpu drivers, ssd drivers, pcie, USB etc then you may be getting all sorts of errors.
This is the fix for the last error, the dpc violation.
1. Navigate to Control Panel, Hardware, and Sound and Device Manager.
  1. Open the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers section.
  2. Select the controller that says ‘SATA AHCI’, right click and select Properties.
  3. Select the Driver tab and Driver Details. Make sure the driver is ‘iastor.sys’. If it is, carry on. If it isn’t, try another or move on to the next step.
  4. Select Update Driver Software, Browse, and Let me Pick from a list of devices.
  5. Select ‘Standard SATA AHCI Controller’ from the list and install.

But since you can't get that far, I'd suggest on a different pc, download a fresh copy of windows 10 for your key version, run it through the Microsoft media tool and create a bootable USB with windows on it. Reset cmos, and plug in the drive and reinstall windows from scratch.

Jan 11, 2021
Irq_not_less_or_equal is normally a lack of voltage to the cpu. Happens a lot with OC attempts, can be buggy drivers.

Clock_watchdog_timeout error is most normally a driver incompatibility with hardware that's been Oc'd.

System_service_exception is normally a buggy, damaged or incompatible windows driver.

Dpc_watchdog_violation is a buggy ssd driver, present in original release windows 10, a holdover from win8. It was fixed by later windows updates.

Which beggars the question, just how old is that version of windows 10 you tried to install? If it's an original version, before the release of CE, and you have updated drivers for after Creators edition, like gpu drivers, ssd drivers, pcie, USB etc then you may be getting all sorts of errors.

But since you can't get that far, I'd suggest on a different pc, download a fresh copy of windows 10 for your key version, run it through the Microsoft media tool and create a bootable USB with windows on it. Reset cmos, and plug in the drive and reinstall windows from scratch.
My apologies, I failed to mention something about my ram sticks, I put them in slot 2 and 4, and now the RGB will not turn on either. I previously had them in 1 and 3.

Jan 11, 2021

I just reset CMOS, and absolutely nothing changed.

TRENDING THREADS