PC no longer posts. Memok light flashes and beep code

Nov 7, 2018
Tried to turn on my computer yesterday, and it just wouldn't post. It had been working fine the day before. Took all the components out, cleaned everything, and put it all back together but still nothing. Memok light flashes and I get 1 long beep 2 short beeps, which is supposedly a RAM error, but I don't see how both sticks could fail overnight with the PC off. I've tried different RAM configurations and I've tried running without RAM or without my GPU in, but I get the same lights and beeps no matter what. Any help is appreciated.

Motherboard - Asus z170-a
CPU - I7-6700k
GPU - EVGA 960 SSC 2gb
RAM - 2x8gb DDR4 Corsair vengeance LPX 3000mhz
PSU - EVGA 500w

Lutfij

Titan
How old is that PSU? YOU may want to cross check and see what BIOS version you're on and what's the latest BIOS version on their product support site. You can also try relocating the sticks of ram on other slots. You can also try and see if removing and replacing the CMOS battery after 15 mins brings back functionality on your system.

Reactions: mrwebber35
Nov 7, 2018
All the parts, except the GPU, are about a year and a half old. I updated the bios a month or two ago, so that should've been fine. I've tried leaving the CMOS out for varying lengths of time with no differences, and I've shorted the CLRTC with a jumper and that changed nothing either. I've tried all RAM configurations, but also nothing. I'm confuzzled and really hoping it's a fixable error rather than hardware failure. Thanks for the speedy reply, much appreciated